Dermatopathology is the examination of skin or subcutaneous tissue removed from patients for the purpose of disease diagnosis. It involves gross (macroscopic) and histologic (microscopic) examination of the tissue, using a variety of methods, which may include immunohistochemistry and molecular analysis. The diagnosis rendered after this examination provides critical information to the provider to help guide subsequent patient care. Dr. Bryan Coffing is a board certified Dermatopathologist and serves as MetroPath’s Director of Dermatopathology.
- Customized dermatopathology-specific test requisitions
- Flexible options for specimen pick up
- Stat testing
- Frozen sections
- Easy access to Dermatopathologists for clinical correlation and case discussion
- All new malignant melanoma cases and other unique skin cases are reviewed by Dermatopathologists
- Extensive immunohistochemistry menu
- Custom reports, including the option of photomicrographs and/or microscopic descriptions
- Timely communication of unexpected or clinically significant findings to providers
- Multiple reporting options, including hard copy, online access, autofax, client printers, or through Electronic Health Record (EHR) interfaces
If you have any questions about MetroPath’s Dermatopathology services, please feel free to contact us.
Director of Dermatopathology – Bryan Coffing, M.D.